Here are some tools that will help you maintain your peace of mind
- Bathing : Take the time to enjoy a bath, instead of taking just a quick shower. This will make you feel happy, energetic and refreshed
- Prayer : This is one of the most fundamental practices to bring happiness. Prayer is your private conversation with God. Many people pray only when they need something. Yet, daily prayer brings happiness. When you learn that god forgives, it is time to forgive yourself. You do not have to belong to any particular religion to devote yourself to God.
- Positive affirmations: Whenever you practice this, you will see and feel the rewards. If you want self respect, you have to think and speak well of yourself. Think of your accomplishment and what you have done for the people around you. Repeated positive affirmations often become a reality
- Pranayama : Pay attention to Pranayama. Many yoga students do not learn the value of Pranayama, which is the fundamental link between mind and body. Kapalbhati Pranayama should be practiced daily. Bhastrika Pranayama is practiced daily too, prior to Kapalbhati.
- Music : Music that’s relaxed and happy has the power to be uplifting. It is great way to prevent anxiety, loneliness and sadness. Along with yoga music CDs you may also try an audio book on yoga, Self-help or self-improvement. Some of the CDs can be played many times for creating a positive frame of mind.
- Meditation: It has many forms and they all lead you towards balanced thinking, harmony and tranquility, if practiced regularly.
If you incorporate even a few of these tips in your daily life, you will be much happier.