Effective for Asthma, Back ache, Depression, Sciatica, Headache, Sexual debility Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bronchitis, Sinus, Congestion, Premenstrual tension etc.
Description of the asana
- Lie down on your back with your legs together and your palms on your sides.
- Inhale & raise your legs up.
- Exhale first and then inhale.
- Bring your hips up off the floor.
- Support your back with your hand, keeping your elbows as close to one another as possible.
- Without bending your knees, exhale and bring your legs down behind your head.
- If you cannot yet touch the floor with your feet, keep on breathing in this position.
- If your feet comfortably reach the floor, walk them as far behind your head possible.
- With your feet curled under, push your torso up and your heels back.
- Now clasp your hands together.
- Breathe slowly and deeply.
If you have breathing difficulties, hernia or are having nasal congestion, do not attempt this exercise.