1. It alleviates constipation
2. Helps to tone the back muscles
3. Recommended for the management of sciatica & slipped disc
4. improves blood circulation
Description of the asana
1. Lie flat on the stomach with the hands under the thighs, palms downwards or hands clenched.
2. Keep both the legs straight throughout the practice.
3. Place the chin on the floor, slightly stretched forward to give the best possible stretch to the neck muscles and nerves.
4. Using the back muscles, raise the left leg as high as possible, keeping the other leg straight, relaxed and in contact with the floor.
5. Retain the position for- as long as is possible without strain.
6. Do not tilt or twist the pelvis.
7. Lower the leg to tile floor.
8. Repeat the same movement with the right leg.