If you are a water baby, you’re going to love what you read next. It’s true. You can feel relaxed and rejuvenated with aqua-exercises and say goodbye to body pain and soreness!
You might not know this but aqua yoga is a great way to cultivate balance and harmony in our body. Your body type and abilities do not matter here, all you will require is zest to put in a little effort.
This alternative way assists in maintaining good posture, and avoids rusting of muscles and energy. It is a powerful technique for you to feel more connected to your body!
Benefits of Aqua Yoga
Are you wondering if floating in water will actually help your body relax?
Thermal aquatic bodywork is an effective pain reliever and healer. These exercises lessen our sensitivity to pain.
If you constantly feel tired and sluggish then chances are your energy is being consumed by your body in a wrong manner. Aqua yoga will help balance the chi (life forces) and thus, result in relaxed physical and mental abilities.
Apart from above, aqua yoga also helps in refining overall quality of life by:
- Easing anxiety and stress
- Improve sleep patterns
- Reduce fatigue and tiredness
- Increase body flexibility
- Develop muscle tone and strength
- Encourage body detoxification
Popular Aqua Yoga Poses
North Star Pose
Benefit: Helps reduce anxiety and stress.
- Emerse in water and stretch your legs apart
- Inhale and join your hands together, like you do while praying, over your head
Big Toe Pose
Benefit: Improves body balance.
- Use your left hand to take support from the side of the pool
- Bring right knees to your chest
- Grab onto your big toe and straighten your legs
- Make sure your back is straight
- Let your body feel relaxed and leave the support from your left hand
Benefit: Increases strength and spine support.
- Use two U-shaped foam noodles and place them on your left and right
- Grab onto each noodle and press them down
- Try to use your muscle support and bring your legs in front of you
- Make sure that your back and legs are straight
- Stay in this position for few minutes and let your legs float in front of you
Benefit: Achieve inner peace.
- Let go of your body and float over the water
- You can place a foam noodle under your back to help you stay afloat
Tips and Precautions
Aqua yoga should not be performed:
- Directly after ingestion of alcoholic beverages
- Under the influence of narcotics
- If you suffer from following:
– Respiratory problems (only with physician’s approval)
– Urinary Infection, Herpes, HIV
– Slipped disc
– Ear or eye infection
– High fever
– Contagious skin disorder
– Pregnancy (only with physician’s approval)
What else needs to be kept in mind?
While aqua yoga will help you strengthen your muscles and increase metabolism, you should not forget to take care of your skin. Swimming and performing water exercises makes our skin tender and cause tanning.
To Sum Up
Relax your mind and body with grace and ease by floating in the water. Isn’t it just the easiest and most comfortable way to achieve inner peace? Aqua yoga consists of exciting poses that aids in supporting and toning our muscles. Splash away your pain, alleviate physical strength, and reduce mental anguish by performing these amazing, easy aqua yoga poses!