Sleep has gone to the bottom of the to-do list or a lot of us. With our busy schedules and over-packed lifestyles, we tend to overlook some of the finer things in life like sleep! To an extent that it then becomes difficult for us to sleep at all. Sleep disorders are a very common problem faced by lots of people in this generation. Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered. Go natural and get better sleep, the Ayurvedic way.
Ashwagandha for Sleep
Ashwagandha has been known in Ayurveda for years on end to help the body deal with stress, fight fatigue and boost energy. Ashwagandha has also been used to treat conditions like insomnia caused due to stress. Ashwagandha has great stress relieving properties. Along with taking ashwagandha regularly, one must stick to a fixed routine, avoid caffeine, exercise regularly and meditate. Buy Ashwagandha by Baidyanath here.
Ayurveda and Insomnia
As per Ayurveda, there are three different types of insomnia.
- Transient insomnia which lasts from one night to a few weeks. The root cause for this type of insomnia is stress, anxiety or jet lag.
- Acute insomnia lasts for a period of two weeks to a month.
- Chronic insomnia generally persists over a period of at least six months.
Brahmi for Sleep Disorders
Brahmi works as a natural sedative and so is regarded to be helpful in cases of insomnia. It is known to treat anxiety and mental fatigue. It can also improve mental clarity, boost memory and confidence.
Stress Guard to Relieve Insomnia
Stress Guard is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine known to balance the body’s organs, reduce stress and anxiety and improve mental fitness. It also combats fatigue. It is often prescribed by Ayurvedic practitioners to help combat insomnia.
Natural Remedies to Sleep Better
- Make simple lifestyle changes like limiting screen time before bedtime.
- Follow a fixed routine.
- Eat at fixed times, preferably take lunch between 12 pm and 2 pm to boost your digestive fire.
- Avoid daytime napping.
- Practice Yoga or meditation.
- Inculcate a low-salt diet.
- Try taking a glass of celery juice with some honey every night before you sleep.
- Warm turmeric milk with a dash of honey will also help you sleep better.
- Lavender oil is also considered calming and encourages sleep. Taking a hot relaxing bath with a few drops of lavender oil before bedtime will ensure a good night's sleep.