Most Common Doctor Question: Answered
One of our best trending pages on our blog is remedies for dry cough. For good reason too, in India this isn’t necessarily seasonal. The tropical climate and sudden weather spikes or drops can wreak havoc on even the most resilient of constitutions. This is why we often get asked on the best ways to get rid of dry cough and cold on our doctor consultations page.
Ayurveda and Cold, Cough and Flu
Why do we get the flu-like symptoms, how are we so susceptible?
This is some of the reasons our doctor suggests.
- Infection of the respiratory tract
- Viral infection
- Drastic change in temperature (weather)
- Bacterial infection
- Allergy to dust, pollen, etc.
Seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- Bluish discoloration of the lips
- Pain or pressure in the chest and abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and headaches with a worse cough
Home Remedies for Cough, Cold and Flu
Give these natural remedies a try, you should feel better fast.
- Make sure you stay hydrated and consume clear broths and soups.
- Stay away from heavy foods and dairy.
- Gargle with salt water twice a day.
- Try a steam inhalation with ginger and turmeric.
- You could even take ginger in its raw state to fight off symptoms of nausea that is a mainstay of flu-like symptoms
Lastly, give pranayama a go to open up your nasal passages. You can watch the video down below at the end, breaking down pranayama for you.
Try Tribhuvankirti Ras if the remedies don’t work. Take two pills twice a day.