Looking for some zen? A place to get away from it all and reset? Well look no further, we have some zen meditation room ideas for you. An easy how to guide on creating a meditation space at home.
There can be several zen meditation room ideas, but the core of it comes down to a few basic key factors. Let’s get to it.
Choose a Space
This is ground zero, a place to start in creating a meditation space at home. In short, this is a room that simply makes you feel good. You’ll know it when you’re in it. But here are a few guidelines:
- Keep it simple.
- Aim for a well-lit room.
- Try to incorporate nature into the room, or alternatively choose an outdoor space. Exposing yourself to the elements and/or sunlight can be a great source of natural minerals and vitamins, like vitamin D.
The Space in Your Space
What do you need to have in your meditation space? One idea of meditation is to internally reduce the distractions within, so consider your space as an extension of that philosophy. Here are a few tips.
- Try not to make your meditation space an office space; clutter and distractions such as files or laptops aren’t conducive to your meditation time.
- Aim for a spartan environment, with minimalism in mind. A potted plant, a yoga mat, perhaps some soothing wind chimes.
Bring in Your Senses
When working with a meditation space at home, it can be beneficial to incorporate the use of our senses.
- Music has been used as therapy for decades. The scientific properties of music, and its ability to induce soothing effects on the body has been repetitively documented as therapeutic: consider some meditative music for your space.
- Aromatherapy is believed to help in stimulating the memory and emotion centers of the brain. Lighting some scented candles, or incense sticks can help soothe your session.
Arguably this is the most important factor in your zen room transformation – a personal touch. The room needs to reflect you, your personality, and your desires. But try not to create clutter. People find ways to meditate in different ways, perhaps a dumbbell could be your personal tool for bliss.
Once you bring this all together, you’ll have the created your perfect meditation space at home.