Many people believe that memory loss comes as part of the whole "aging" package. This does not necessarily need to be true for you. There are many Ayurvedic herbs you can start consuming regularly to boost your memory. Read about some of the best memory boosting tips and which herbs you should be taking.
How to Increase Your Memory: Tips and Tricks
- Give your brain a regular workout. Try out new exercises to challenge your cognitive skills. Brain exercises which break your usual routine and force your brain to create new mental pathways are the best.
- Physical exercise is a must. It helps your brain stay sharp and increases the oxygen levels in your brain. This reduces the risk of memory loss and other cognitive disorders.
- Make sure you establish a regular sleep pattern. Try your best to stay true to this pattern and make sure you are getting enough sleep. We recommend at least 7-9 hours of sleep daily.
- Try to keep the stress on the down low, stress only reduces cognitive productivity. Make time to unwind. Establish healthy relationships that work as stress relievers. This gives your brain a break from constant work.
- Eat right. Include memory boosting foods and herbs in your daily diet. Some brain boosting foods are olive oil, freshwater fish, dark chocolate and berries.
Herbs for Memory Loss
These Ayurvedic herbs are your best bet at tackling memory loss.
Ashwagandha is a very popular Ayurvedic herb known for its memory and brain boosting properties. It helps to decrease stress levels and improves cognitive function. It protects your brain from cell deterioration and works as a relaxer for your brain.
Gotu kola in Ayurveda, is a widely used herb to preserve cognitive health. It helps treat mental exhaustion and works as a rejuvenator for your brain. It works well to reduce depression, anxiety and memory loss. This ancient herb has been known to stimulate the growth of new brain cells, thus reducing memory loss. It also protects the brain from various neurotoxins like lead, arsenic and MSG which can cause various disorders.
Rosemary contains powerful antioxidant properties which help fight against free radicals which cause cell damage. It is also known to activate a neurotransmitter which promotes memory improvement.
Gingko Bilboa is widely used in Ayurveda to boost memory and improve mind sharpness and thought process. It is also known to improve and boost the memory of patients suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia. It protects the cells which are usually affected by these diseases. This herb can reduce feelings of depression and improve learning.