Some may scoff at the pimple, whether it be occasional blackhead, acne, or “bacne” (back acne) on your skin, but for other people the situation is a lot worse. Acne-ridden skin can be a source of embarrassment, and in some cases bleeding, a severe skin condition, or other serious complications.
Popping the zit isn’t the best option. But is surely tempting especially when it’s over the face just like tiny little bulls-eyes. But don’t! It can leave scars. There is heartening news though. Body acne natural remedies are out there and we bring them to you, among with a few home remedies for body acne care.
Acne Starts and Ends with Food
What you consume is inwardly is reflected outwardly. Words to live by, especially in the Ayurvedic sense. There are natural ways to get rid of body acne and alleviate scars using an Ayurvedic Acne Diet.
Ayurveda works on two fundamental functions when it comes to skin care:
- Purifying your blood, detoxing and cooling it. (Your body may have a higher propensity to heat up depending on your dosha. People of Pitta dosha are more prone to body heat and breakouts. Learn your dosha by taking this simple quiz.).
- Topically cleansing your skin
Ayurvedic Diet for Body Acne
Ayurveda offers a rich balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats that are full of the prana (life force). Adopting these foods will automatically clear up your skin not to mention improve your health. Check out our lists below and compare them with your dosha for the best overall results.
Ayurvedic Skincare for Body Acne
Ayurveda works in balance with nature, to create harmony between the environment and yourself. The body can often heat up during summer, which is when people of Pitta dosha constitution tend to feel the burn more as well. This natural remedy will aim at cooling down the skin, and detoxing the area of acne.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 Parts Rose Petals (or 1 part extract)
1 Part Neem Powder
1 Part Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 Part Aloe Vera Gel
- Mix all the ingredients into a paste in a bowl and apply to the affected area.
- Apply to the affected area for a few mins till the paste dries.
- Gently wash off with water, and dab the skin with a gentle towel (do not rub).
- Repeat the process every day, and you should see results within a week.
Speaking of Water
In contrast to heat, you may also have breakouts due to dehydration and dry skin. Make sure you are having plenty of water throughout the day, which will also support total body functionality. Stay hydrated, stay pure!