Your hair is primarily made of protein, therefore the best thing to do for your hair is to give it a protein treatment. While there are different kinds of protein treatments that are available in salons, you can easily use a homemade protein hair pack. Protein hair packs will restore your hair back to normal by treating any damage done.
You can use homemade hair packs not only to add shine and luster to listless hair; you can also use protein packs for hair growth. Eggs, yogurt, avocado, mayonnaise, and coconut milk are great ingredients for protein hair masks. Make a protein hair pack at home with these kitchen products for an all-natural way to grow out your hair.
Below are some homemade hair pack recipes that you can use. The recipes involve a combination of two or more ingredients including avocado, coconut milk, banana, eggs, honey, and cream. There are even some recipes to make a protein hair pack without egg for those looking for eggless recipes:
- Egg Yolk and Honey Hair Pack: This is a great protein pack for dry hair. Mix one egg yolk with two spoons of honey with one spoon of almond oil.
- Egg and Yogurt Hair Pack: Eggs are highly abundant in protein and are highly effective in moisturizing your hair and cleansing the scalp. If you have oily hair, then only use egg whites. If it’s dry then use the egg yolk; if your hair is normal, then you can use the whole egg. With one egg, mix five tablespoons of yogurt, which will protect your hair from further damage. Apply the mixture to your hair and allow it stay on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with cool water and then use your shampoo and conditioner as normal.
- Avocado-Coconut Milk Hair Mask: Coconut milk is a rich source of protein. Simply mash a ripe avocado and add in 5 tablespoons of coconut milk. Add two teaspoons of olive oil to this mix and apply this on the hair and scalp. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes. This protein pack is wonderful for hair growth as it is effective in preventing dandruff and hair breakage.
- Coconut Milk Hair Treatment: Because coconut milk is such an excellent source of protein, use it to massage the hair roots. Then, wear a shower cap. Leave the coconut milk on overnight and you can wash it off the next day.
- Banana Avocado Hair Pack: This protein treatment is an excellent deep conditioner. Mash an avocado and add two tablespoons of mayonnaise, then whip.
- Yogurt, Cream and Egg Hair Pack: Mix in milk cream with yogurt along with one whole egg. Apply the pack to deep condition and use as a homemade protein treatment.
- Avocado and Mayonnaise Hair Pack: This is a wonderful protein treatment that can help to deep condition your hair. Mix two tablespoons of mayonnaise with a mashed avocado and whip.
- Mayonnaise and Egg Hair Pack: Eggs and mayo are both loaded with protein. Mix the whites of an egg with two tablespoons of mayonnaise. You can also add in one spoon of yogurt. Blend well and use this hair mask to keep bad hair days away.
- Avocado and Egg Hair Mask: Combine one egg with half a mashed ripe avocado with two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply to your hair and wait for 30 minutes. Wash off and shampoo as normal. This hair pack is great for hydrating your hair and preventing further damage.
- Avocado and Coconut Oil Hair Pack: Mash one ripe avocado and add in two teaspoons of pure coconut oil. Add in 10 drops of rosemary essential oil and blend all the ingredients. Apply to your hair and allow it to sit for 30 minutes. Rinse off for soft, shiny strands.